Andre has a passion to guide students and see tremendous improvements in their grades!
What is more important is the journey and joy of learning. Here are some of the techniques he uses to mentor his students:
1. No question is stupid: He teaches students to think of questions to ask.
2. Mistakes are the best opportunities to learn: He encourages students to make mistakes during the class and learn quickly.
3. No chapter or subject is isolated: He enlightens students to see that every subject is interlinked with others and how to study multiple subjects and topics together with ease.
4. The knowledge learned is ultimately weaved together and applied to our daily lives.
5. Distinctions will come easily when his students enjoy what they learn.
The following are some achievements for the year:
– Primary 3 student consistently achieve close to full marks for Science in Semester 1.
– Secondary 3 student improving from F9 to B4 for Maths in Term 3.
– PSLE student improved by about 20 points in Maths (B) and Science (A) from mid years to prelims in less than 1 month.
– O level student with consistent F9 for E Maths (B3), A Maths (C5), Chemistry (B3) & Biology (A1) improved 4-6 grades from Mock Prelims & Prelims over 6 months.
– Student retaking O levels for combined science improved from E8 to C5 despite having multiple learning disabilities.
– Motivated many students who once hated Maths to enjoy learning it.
– N Level student (who previous retained for 1 year) achieved As for Science and Maths after 4 months. Received the MOE Bursary award.
` *Final exam scores are in brackets.