– I am a full-time MOE teacher with more than 8 years of teaching experience in local schools.
– I am skilled in teaching the 2010 EL Syllabus and am one of the leading teachers in my community implementing the new 2020 EL Syllabus.
– As a dedicated and skilled teacher, I cater to my students’ needs well and am engaging, professional, and effective.
– I prepare students very well for national examinations. More than 50% of my tuition students so far have scored a distinction in English at the O Level / N Level examinations.
– I am very effective in pushing students to higher levels in their critical thinking and language abilities.
– I scaffold very well for students when it comes to high level language analysis, using easy and clear step-by-step techniques.
– I offer effective tips and strategies for writing, comprehension and grammar.
– I offer customised, engaging lessons that cater to students’ needs.
– I give clear explanations that help students develop a deeper understanding of the English language, and provide detailed feedback in my marking.
– Over the years, I have designed my own set of resources and packages exclusively for my students that offer detailed notes and scaffolded practices. I will provide a tuition file with all these notes, practices, and assignments.
– I have experience teaching all 5 levels and all three streams in each level.
– For the last 7 years, I have served as a level coordinator for my English department, overseeing the curriculum, lessons and pedagogy for the different levels. This has given me a lot of insight on how to plan students’ language development in the long term and effective tools and strategies to cater to different types of learners.
– I am well-equipped with teaching skills for both face-to-face lessons and online lessons.
– Inspiring Teacher of English Award 2019 and 2021 finalist (selected by the English Language Institute of Singapore and Speak Good English Movement)